NHS Golden Jubilee
The Human Resources Team provides guidance and specialist HR advice to managers and staff on a range of matters relating to employment and people management. The department aims to support NHS Golden Jubilee in recruiting, managing, developing and retaining the best possible person for each role within the organisation ensuring fairness and consistency across practice and procedures.
The Recruitment team offers a professional and friendly service for all recruitment and selection processes. They work closely with the wider Human Resources team to ensure managers and candidates are provided with an efficient, responsive and flexible resourcing service.
The services provided include:
- advice and guidance on recruitment and selection processes and procedures;
- working closely with recruiting managers on preparing and placing advertisements in appropriate media;
- working closely with recruiting managers on preparing job descriptions, person specifications and adverts;
- ensuring that NHS Golden Jubilee's recruitment processes are fair and open and reflect best practice;
- liaising with applicants about interview and selection processes;
- requesting employment references;
- advising recruiting managers on immigration and UK Border Agency requirements;
- issuing offer letters and terms and contracts of employment; and
- liaising with recruitment and temporary worker agencies, when necessary.
Learning and Organisational Development
The Learning and Organisational Development (L&OD) team supports a wide range of learning and organisational development activity, including:
- team development;
- leadership and management;and
- corporate training programmes.
Our activities are driven by the strategic direction of the organisation and the learning needs of individuals and teams
The Occupational Health Department provides staff with independent and objective advice on physical, mental and social wellbeing, as well as safety and welfare matters. The Occupational Health team provides wide-ranging services, including:
- pre-employment medicals;
- guidance and support;
- absence management;
- first aid;
- health promotion;
- surveillance; and
- lifestyle screening.
You can self refer to the department to discuss health issues, whether related to work or not. Your manager can also refer you for advice on attendance at work, rehabilitation following a period of sick leave, or for any matter that may affect your ability to work to your full potential.
Health and Safety
The Health and Safety Department provides independent and objective advice on a full range of occupational health, safety and welfare matters, as well as implementing our Board’s health and safety policy. This also involves implementing proactive risk control strategies to secure a safe environment for all staff, patients and visitors, and to ensure that we comply with relevant legislation such as the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and work closely with other organisations who enforce statutory requirements for health and safety.
Our Spiritual Care service is open to patients, visitors and staff alike - whether your approach to life is based on faith or philosophy, we are here for you.
It has been widely demonstrated that caring for the whole person - mind, body and spirit - can play a positive role in the process of healing and rehabilitation.
The Spiritual Care Centre is situated on the ground floor corridor, between the hospital and the hotel. This includes quiet areas to pray and think, as well as information and inspirational literature to encourage people of all denominations, faiths and philosophies.
Our Spiritual Care team provides:
- emotional and psychological support;
- practical support and befriending;
- contact with other agencies, faith and community groups;
- prayer and the support of scriptures, ritual, liturgical and sacramental care (where requested);
- counselling and debriefing; and
- teaching and training (for staff).