Public Health Scotland
Welcome to the Human Resources and Workforce Development (HR&WD) page for Public Health Scotland.
The role of the HR&WD function is to provide solutions and leadership to enable PHS (and our partners) to improve the health and wellbeing of the people of Scotland. We do this by: -
- Supporting the delivery of PHS strategies by providing a range of innovative sustainable solutions to meet the organisational challenges of a changing health service.
- Supporting all managers and staff with professional advice and guidance in implementing HR policies, processes and practices.
- Being committed to providing a quality, timely and efficient service which reflects national organisational strategic and business objectives.
HR Connect is one of the tools we use to deliver our services and it should always be the first point of contact for anything you need, our services include: -
- HR Advice and Support
- Terms, Conditions and Pay
- Policy and Case Management
- People Change Management
- People Insights and Analytics
- Workforce Systems and Process Improvement
- Learning and Development
- Health and Safety
- Workplace Health
- Occupational Health
To compliment this we also have the following videos, recorded during HR Engagement Days, to introduce you to the services that we provide. The first four will introduce you to the different teams across HR
- Employee, Relations and Reward
- Learning and Organisational Development
- Occupational Health and Wellbeing
- Recruitment & HR Assist
The following two videos introduce employees and managers to the workforce systems you will need to use.
- Employee Systems Session - covering eFrom Portal, Health and Safety system for accident and incident reporting, eESS, HR Connect and Contact Us
- Manager System Session - covering eJEP, eFrom Portal, eRAF, JobTrain, eESS
We value your feedback on any aspect of the HR service you have received. Taking the time to feedback helps us to continuously improve our services, systems and processes. Please use the Contact Us form selecting feedback and then the relevant subcategory if you wish to raise a complaint, concern or to provide comments or compliment.
Here is a breakdown of the Directorate and Teams in Public Health Scotland.