• What can I do if I cannot access childcare for my child until 18th January 2021?National Services Scotland

    The NSS Special Leave policy may be applied where urgent carer needs arise due to the closure of a school, for example. If you need time off to make alternative arrangements this is also covered within the provisions of the special leave policy.

    However, in the current situation and to support staff during this time, it may be possible for staff with childcare responsibilities to work more flexibly in terms of the hours that they work and the work pattern followed.  This should be discussed, as soon as possible, with your line manager to explore what options may be available.

    Details of the Flexible Working Policies can be found on HR Connect at the following link: Flexible Working Policies.

  • How does NSS consult with employees on H&S Matters?National Services Scotland

    NSS has to consult with all your employees on health and safety. This does not need to be complicated and can be done by listening and talking to them about:

    • health and safety and the work they do
    • how risks are controlled
    • the best ways of providing information and training 

    In a very small business, you might choose to consult your workers directly.  Alternatively, you might consult through a health and safety representative, chosen by your employees or selected by a trade union.  As an employer, you cannot decide who the representative will be.

    Consultation is a two-way process, allowing staff to raise concerns and influence decisions on the management of health and safety.  Your employees are often the best people to understand risks in the workplace and involving them in making decisions shows them that you take their health and safety seriously.

  • Coronavirus FAQ's -SASScottish Ambulance Service