Related Policy, Process and Terms and Conditions
- Skills Profile Template NHS 24
- Record of Redeployment Register Details NHS 24
- Record of Trial Period NHS 24
- Guidance notes for self-service calculator NES
- Expression of Wish Form NES
- Reference Guide for Managers NES
- Criteria for Assessment form NES
- Appendix 2 - Guidance on Prioritisation TSH
- Appendix 1 - Guidance on Matching TSH
- Appendix 3 - Redeployment Referral Form TSH
- Appendix 4 - Redeployment Process Evaluation Form TSH
- Redeployment Checklist NES
- Redeployment Proforma NES
- How do I request a voluntary severance estimate?
- Where can I calculate what I may be entitled to?
If you are interested in applying for voluntary severance you may wish to use our self-service calculator to get an estimate of what you would be entitled to. It should be noted that this can only be used for employees applying for voluntary severance only and not early retirement.
- Where can I find information about Scottish Public Pension Agency (SPPA)?
The National Health Service superannuation scheme website: SPPA
- What should I do if I want to make a full application for voluntary severance?
Voluntary severance estimates will be provided confidentially. Whether you decide to progress further with your application or not you should complete the Section B – Confirmation of estimate and application Form which will be attached to your estimate letter and return to Voluntary.Severance@nes.scot.nhs.uk outlining your intentions.
All applications for Voluntary Severance will be considered in partnership through the Change Management Programme Board and will be assessed against the criteria described in the Voluntary Severance document.
Depending on which category you are applying for voluntary severance under, the next steps are as follows:
1. Voluntary Severance Scheme
If you decide that you wish to proceed with your application for Voluntary Severance, you must discuss this with your Line Manager in the first instance. Your Line Manager will meet with you to complete the Criteria for Assessment form.
Reference guide for managers. This document provides important information for Line Managers and will guide them through completion of the Criteria for Assessment Form.
Voluntary Severance Scheme Timeline
Please note that the timeline will be strictly adhered to as follows:
Voluntary Severance Scheme opens:
Friday 9 October 2015
Expressions of Interest returned to HR by:
Friday 23 October 2015
Estimates returned to Employees by:
Friday 6 November 2015
Full Applications to be returned to HR by:
Friday 27 November 2015
Individual meeting with successful employee:
11 – 15 January 2016
Expected leaving date from NES:
31 March 2016
2. Organisational Change
As you are aware your request will be required to be considered alongside the directorates change plans, therefore if you would like at this stage to proceed with your application for voluntary severance you must, at that point, enter into discussions with your line manager. HR will notify your line manager that you have chosen to proceed with voluntary severance and your line manager will meet with you to confirm that your request has been noted and provide a timeline as to when a decision will be made on whether you can be released. Normally employees will not be notified of a decision until all posts in the ring fence have been filled and the employee is placed on the redeployment register.
This will enable their request to be considered alongside the directorates change plans at an early stage of the organisational change process.
3. Redeployment Register
As previously mentioned, this will be facilitated automatically provided that no suitable alternative post has been identified and finance confirms that the request for voluntary severance is affordable. Requests will be considered on an individual basis; however, the final decision will take into account NES’s ability to fund such requests in any one financial year.
- Who can request volutary severance estimate?